WHERE NIGHTMARES COME FROM
THE ART OF STORYTELLING IN THE HORROR GENRE
Book one in Crystal Lake Publishing’s The Dream Weaver series, Where Nightmares Come Fromfocuses on the art of storytelling in the Horror genre, taking an idea from conception to reality—whether you prefer short stories, novels, films, or comics.
Featuring in-depth articles and interviews by Joe R. Lansdale (Hap & Leonard series), Clive Barker(Books of Blood), John Connolly (Charlie Parker series), Ramsey Campbell, Stephen King (IT), Christopher Golden (Ararat), Charlaine Harris (Midnight, Texas), Jonathan Maberry (Joe Ledger series), Kevin J. Anderson (Tales of Dune), Craig Engler (Z Nation), and many more.
The full non-fiction anthology lineup includes:
- Introduction by William F. Nolan
- IT’S THE STORY TELLER by Joe R. Lansdale
- A-Z OF HORROR of Clive Barker
- WHY HORROR? by Mark Alan Miller
- PIXELATED SHADOWS by Michael Paul Gonzalez
- LIKE CURSES by Ray Garton
- HOW TO GET YOUR SCARE ON by S.G. Browne
- STORYTELLING TECHNIQUES by Richard Thomas
- HORROR IS A STATE OF MIND by Tim Waggoner
- BRINGING AN IDEA TO LIFE by Mercedes M. Yardley
- THE PROCESS OF A TALE by Ramsey Campbell
- GREAT HORROR IS SOMETHING ALIEN by Michael Bailey
- A HORRIFICALLY HAPPY MEDIUM by Taylor Grant
- INTERVIEW WITH JOHN CONNOLLY by Marie O’Regan
- THE STORY OF A STORY by Mort Castle
- WRITING ROUNDTABLE INTERVIEW with Christopher Golden, Kevin J. Anderson, and Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- HOW I SPENT MY CHILDHOOD LOOKING FOR MONSTERS AND FOUND POETRY INSTEAD by Stephanie M. Wytovich
- BITS AND PIECES INTERVIEW WITH JONATHAN MABERRY by Eugene Johnson
- THE REEL CREEPS by Lisa Morton
- THE MONSTER SQUAD by Jess Landry
- WHAT SCARES YOU by Marv Wolfman
- PLAYING IN SOMEONE ELSE’S HAUNTED HOUSE by Elizabeth Massie
- CREATING MAGIC FROM A BLANK PIECE OF PAPER: Del Howison interviews Tom Holland, Amber Benson, Fred Dekker, and Kevin Tenney
- Z NATION: HOW SYFY’S HIT SHOW CAME TO LIFE by Craig Engler
- LIFE IMITATING ART IMITATING LIFE: FILM AND ITS INFLUENCE ON REALITY by Jason V Brock
- WHERE NIGHTMARES COME FROM by Paul Moore
- STEPHEN KING AND RICHARD CHIZMAR DISCUSS COLLABORATING by Bev Vincent
- CHARLAINE HARRIS DISCUSSES STORYTELLING by Eugene Johnson
- WHAT NOW? by John Palisano
PRIMOGEN: THE ORIGIN OF MONSTERS
Eighteen of your favorite authors take you on a trip to discover the reinvented “Origin of Monsters”. Meet the primogeniture from each horrific bloodline as told from creative minds like Ramsey Campbell, Nicholas Vince, Josh Malerman, and more.
ALLIGATORS IN THE SEWERS
Three stories and three poems about the dangers lurking beneath the surface, featuring Ronald Malfi, Mark Allan Gunnells, Stephanie M. Wytovich, Tonya Liburd, Bruce Boston, and Jess Landry.
Limited edition chapbook!
KILLING IT SOFTLY
THIRTY-TWO WAKING NIGHTMARES; KEEP THE LIGHTS ON!
Suzie Lockhart and Digital Horror Fiction are thrilled to present 32 chilling tales of terror from some of the best authors in horror. Killing It Softly includes stories from New York Times best selling authors Nancy Holder and Elaine Cunningham, together with more shocking short nightmares from the finest award winning female writers in the genre.
Your heart won’t stop pounding as you dig into the pages of this book; from the moment you immerse yourself in the first tale, about a women waking to find herself inside a coffin, buried alive, until the last, a coming of age story about a sixteen-year-old’s journey of self-discovery amidst all hell breaking loose. You’ll find your proof that women can, indeed, do a wicked dance between science fiction and horror as they penetrate your darkest thoughts, to bring forth stories promising to leave you with a lingering anxiety you can’t seem to shake. Any romantic notions of vampires will be crushed, and dark and twisted plots will confirm definitively that females can even write about zombies. We dare you to read stories that will leave you deeply disturbed, and some that will slice into your very soul. It wouldn’t be horror if there wasn’t an ode to Edgar Allen Poe…we have two masterfully written tales. There are stories off the odd and unusual, stories that take a perilous dive into worlds of disturbing shadows, and there’s even an exorcism””in a tale that daringly addresses the heartbreaking disease that is alcoholism.
Enter at your own risk…
Featuring: Rebecca Snow, H.R. Boldwood, Christine Lucas, Gerri Leen, Tracie McBride, Rie Sheridan Rose, Aliya Whiteley, Marion Pitman, Jenner Michaud, Suzanne Reynolds-Alpert, Carole Gill, Tina Rath, Airika Sneve, Carson Buckingham, Chantal Boudreau, Eleanor R. Wood, Nidhi Singh, Rebecca J. Allred, Rebecca Fraser, Jo-Anne Russell, K. S. Dearsley, Amanda Northrup Mays, M.J. Sydney, Rose Blackthorn, Annie Neugebauer, Elaine Cunningham, Sandra Kasturi, Jess Landry, Sarah Hans, Lillian Csernica, Tory Hoke, and Nancy Holder.